Friday 16 March 2012

Patah Seribu and My Malay Poem

Shila Amzah and Sharnaaz in Patah Seribu music video

I've recently listened to Shila Amzah's song called Patah Seribu. The other night, I listened to it on my phone, and I couldn't help but cry. If you understand Malay, you'll know how sad this song is, and how it would make anyone cry.

It made me cry because I miss my 5-year relationship with my ex. I miss our memories, and all the things we went through. I just hope he is happy with whoever he's with right now, and I wish I will meet someone who'll me me happy too, someday.

I could listen to this song over and over again, and Shila's voice would never bore me. I think she's very talented. The song is also featured in a Malay telemovie of the same title, with Shila Amzah as Bella and Sharnaaz as Azu. Sharnaaz is the guy in the music video, and Shila's off-screen boyfriend.

This song has inspired me to write a Malay poem. In the spirit of sharing, since I shared part of my English poem recently, here's the Malay poem I wrote after I cried listening to this song.

Puas kutahan namun kutewas
Akhirnya air mata gugur jua
Membasahkan lembaran buku nota
Yang kekosongan tiada jiwa


Walau kucuba untuk melupa
Kadang kau datang dalam fikiran
Tanpa diundang tanpa dipinta
Pergi kau jauh terus menghilang


Sehingga kini tidak kutahu
Apa salahku apa dosaku
Yang kau tinggalkan yang kau duakan
Yang kau bohongi yang kau putuskan


Telah ku hapus semua kenangan
Kini kucuba jalani semua
Telah kuterima ketiadaanmu
Pergilah engkau dari hidupku


Maafkan aku andai ku salah
Aku hargai kerna kau singgah
Hanya doamu yang aku pinta
Semoga aku bah'gia dengannya

Enjoy the music video! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...