Saturday 26 January 2013

Journey Towards a Healthier, Slimmer Me

So Bloom Bazaar 6 was a success. It was nice of the organiser to actually have food vendors this time. The home-cooked food were delicious. It was my first time trying nasi goreng dabai, and I wish I could have seconds! I'll remember to make some during dabai season. :)

Anyway, I met an old college mate during the bazaar. The last time I met her was more than 10 years ago. She said that I've lost a lot of weight. The key phrase there is A LOT. I was beaming when she said that. I was so happy and I texted my bff straight away.

I used to be way fatter than I am right now. I used to wear size 40 jeans, and gradually, after I came back home from KL for good, I started to lose more weight. My brother is now at his ideal weight. He went down from almost 100kgs to a thin, 62kgs! I can now wear size 36, which was my goal. Now that I'm losing more fat every day, I cannot wait to fit into a size 32 jeans.

It may not be a big deal for those who have always been skinny, but it's been a constant battle for me. Losing weight is not easy, especially when you're not very active, like me. I do the occasional Zumba, which I love, but I wish I have a Zumba partner to exercise with me, and motivate me at the same time.

Right now, I'm trying to eat less rice, which means less carbohydrate, which is super difficult for a girl who loves everything pasta and pastry. I love my rice too! I try to balance it by taking minimal junk food. In fact, I do cheat from time to time with dark chocolates, a tiny piece at a time. I don't think it's wise to actually fast, and then end up scoffing down everything within our reach, right? I also drink a lot of plain water with no ice, and no sugary drinks whenever I eat out.

I do drink Ribena and Milo, though, with no additional sugar. I love bubble tea, so that's tough to avoid. How I avoid buying bubble tea? I would ask my brother if I should, and he'll always say no. Haha. And he makes me remember about those tiny, colourful hipster jeans that will only look good on skinny girls. Lol!

So there, my journey towards a healthier, slimmer me. I don't want to be skinny. I would be grateful to be able to fit into a size 32 jeans. That would be my current goal. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...