Friday 7 January 2011

Food Friday #36 - Home-baked Brownies


I celebrated my birthday just a week ago, but I didn't have any birthday cake because I was sick with cold and cough. :( Therefore, I thought I should bake, and I did! I baked these brownies a few days ago using brownies mix in a box. I can't bake from scratch (yet!) but I plan to bake more soon. I went easy on the vegetable oil for these brownies, so they appeared rather dry. However, after a few days, I swear they became moist and tasted even better! My mom, who's my biggest critic, loved it and requested me to bake more. I felt like a proud junior baker when she said that!


Tip: I added melted Cadbury chocolate and some chocolate chips into the mix for that extra, extra chocolate-y taste! I also sprinkled some chocolate rice on top of the mix right before baking! ;)

A special shout out goes to Ane for writing a special PHAT birthday post for me. Thanks so much, Ane! Love ya!

Thanks everyone, especially to Yenny and Shemah for the birthday wishes. :)

6 comments:

  1. Oooh Brownies!! Love Brownies :)

    Hepi belated birthday Debbie. Hope you had a wonderful birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nessa! Thanks for the bday wish and for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh brownies!! Who can ever resist a brownie, eh?? It looks great, Debbs!! :D

    I used to have a very simple fool-proof-make-from-scratch brownie recipe that doesn't disappoint! I've modified it many times according to what I feel like for that day and it doesn't ever go wrong.. Just double-boil 250g of cooking chocolate and butter.. once melted, fold in brown sugar, flour, eggs, teaspoon of vanilla.. that's the basic steps (although can't remember if ada guna oil or not). Can add some more choc chips the last 5 mins of baking so that it doesn't drop down to the bottom of the pan..

    Nanti I get u the proper measurements and instructions if you wanna give it a try. :)

    Btw, despite being sick, I hope you still had a wonderful birthday and New Year! :) Here's to a rockin' 2011! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated birthday to u! :D i saw brownies!! yummy yum!! its look very chocolateyyyyyy!! i loike!

    still not getting well? my cough is getting worse. :( get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Shem! That surely sounds like a super yummy brownie! :) I think since you use butter, you don't need cooking oil. :) I'm gonna experiment more this week. My mom wants more! Hehehe..

    Happy New Year 2011 to you too, sweets! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol, thanks for the birthday wish! :) It was a chocolatey brownies! :)

    I'm getting better, I hope you will get better asap! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...