Tuesday 1 March 2011

Simple Homemade Chocolate Truffles

I saw this video on making simple and easy chocolate truffles on YouTube last month. I was looking for a video on baking moist chocolate cake when I came across the video, which was made just in time for Valentine's Day.

You'll need Oreo cookies and cream cheese as the filling, and your favourite chocolate bar, can be dark, milk or white chocolate. I used milk and dark chocolate to keep it not too sweet.

What you need for this easy homemade chocolate truffles

First, melt the chocolate bars. Break the cookies in a large bowl. You might want to use a large spoon to break them into small pieces. Then, add the cream cheese. Mix them together and make bite size balls using your hands. Then, roll the balls in the melted chocolate mix. Place them in a tray and refrigerate. In about 30 minutes or less, you can enjoy them!

The cookies, broken into tiny pieces

The chocolate truffles ready to be refrigerated

Oreo cookies and cream cheese were used in the video, but I substituted the Oreo cooking with a cheaper local version, which is Cream-O that tastes as good, and omitted the cream cheese. I replaced the cream cheese with some of the melted chocolate. I also used mini paper cups for my truffles.

My homemade chocolate truffles ♥

These homemade chocolate truffles make excellent gifts for Valentine's Day and even as housewarming gifts. Children will surely love these too. They're very easy to make, and doesn't require baking. Perfect for those who'd like to experiment. Happy cooking!

Tip: You can decorate the chocolate truffles with chocolate rice or other pretty, colourful sugar sprinkles.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Debbs. Sounds great! I'm definitely gonna try this one day.. :D Fancy that, chocolate truffles without using truffles! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Shem! Hope you and your kids will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...