Wednesday 3 October 2012

Happy Birthday Dear Brother

Today is my brother's 20th birthday. While it does make me feel a tad bit older, it marks an extra special day for my brother and I. October is not only his month, but it's also my 4th year in online business. For those reasons, I am feeling super grateful.

When I came home from KL to be with him when he was undergoing treatments and surgeries for cancer, I had to lose many things. I lost a relationship, and many personal belongings due to the breakup, and I also lost business deals, since KL brings a lot more business than Kuching back then. However, I don't regret any of those sacrifices. I am so thankful that I decided to leave KL for good, and spend my time with my brother instead.

Since I'm not attached with any companies, nor do I have a job that pays me salary every month, I am grateful that I still have my online business. It doesn't pay as much as I'd like it to or as much as people would always assume, but it gives me total freedom to do anything I please, at my own time. I always have time for my hobbies, and I definitely have time for my brother. My brother, and my crafting hobbies keep me sane.

However, I do get judged by others who don't get why I am not working at a proper office. They don't get why I decide to run a home-based business, and I don't blame them, really. I just wish they would ask me why, instead of judging me and saying things behind my back. I doubt that my mom understands me either. Not that I don't tell her anything because we have never been so close, but no matter how many times I explain to her about the nature of my work, she'd never understand. Or maybe she refuses to understand. I don't know.

Today is supposed to be all about my brother. It's his special day, and he deserves it. I'm baking a chicken pie for him today. He doesn't take much processed carbs, but he loves potatoes and chicken, so a chicken pie is perfect for him. He doesn't take dairy products either, except for eggs, and therefore, he said that he doesn't want any birthday cakes. Instead, we bought a banana cake for him to enjoy today.

I wish you many more years and many more birthdays to come, my dear baby brother. I love you so much, and I wish you all the happiness, health and success. Go forward, and reach for your dreams. Never give up!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...