Saturday 24 December 2011

On Web Hosting and Domain Names


I was thinking of ways to get more income. I have recently been offered to be a reseller for a local website that sells craft supplies. All I have to do is pay RM100 for a reseller website, with my own domain name, and an e-commerce system.

However, I'm having a tough time deciding if it is worth it. Nevertheless, if it works out, it would be a great opportunity for me, and my brother can help me out with it. It will be our joint-venture project, and we will be able to gain more income with it.

I'm also working out on how to pay for the 3 domain names that I have at the moment. I'd hate to let them go, but domain name renewals are getting more expensive, and I don't know if I can afford them anymore next year. The nearest renewal will be in March, and hopefully I'll be able to save enough by then.

If you're wondering what a domain name is, it's the address of your website, such as like mtv.com or mylife.net, and so forth. On the other hand, a web host is where your web pages are located or uploaded. It's like a little computer, where all the information related to your website is stored.

I'm not sure which web hosting company is the best right now, but you could check out findwebhosting.com. The site provides a review on all the best and most popular web hosting companies out there. You can view their prices, free offers, bandwidth, and read reviews too. You can also view their performance and score based on the mentioned criterias. Highest-rated web hosting companies are listed in the top 10 chart, and you can view a comparison chart as well. 

Now, don't get confused. Go ahead and read more about domain names and web hosting before you decide whether you really need them. Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! If you like my posts, kindly subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...